Go Back   Xbox Live Nation Community > Community discussion > Games discussions

Games discussions Discuss the different Xbox and Xbox 360 games.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
turnsy1985
Content editor

Send a message via MSN to turnsy1985
[ Live Timeline ] => turnsy1985 is currently Offline Last seen 9 hours ago playing Xbox One
Default BF3's latest Patch and Rent a Server

So, to those that play BF3 what are views and opinions on the latest set of game updates?

Rent a Server

HATE IT!
There are now no more standard servers with standard game config. EA/DICE have sold off all their servers in order to rake in more cash.
We are now forced to play on rented servers, with stupid map rotations and ticket config. with server Admins banning people who play good in games, thus removing their stats/awards.

I do like the idea of renting servers for tournaments and clan games etc, but to rent out ALL standard servers if a bit nuts.
I played a game of conquest last night that dragged on for 2 and half hours!?! thanks to some guys twisted server config.

I would of liked the option to remove rented servers from the server browser but you can't do that. and there is no way I am trawling through 900 servers checking the config just to get a standard conquest game in.

Multiplayer Update

Well where to start on this one?
I have two main gripes with the latest patch, Firstly handheld AA launchers no longer lock on to aircraft in good time, or at all in some cases. Last night I had a little bird fly no more than a couple of meters away and my Stinger wouldn't even register a lock.
This then goes on to another point, Aircraft have been buffed to a stupidly high level. The Viper attack chopper is invinvible. shreds through tanks and smashes infantry.
Finally Tanks, I might as well be driving around in tank made from paper, they now are practically useless. RPGs and Javelins take down tanks in two hits.

EA/DICE just turned BF3 in to CoD
The feedback forum on Battlelog is crying out for the patch to be rolled back. The People want their tactical shooter back, not some mindless run and gun FPS similar to other titles currently on the market.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
MRXBOX n VAN BC

[ Live Timeline ] => MRXBOX n VAN BC is currently Offline Last seen 9 minutes ago playing World of Tanks In Battle
Default Re: BF3's latest Patch and Rent a Server

Wow what a shame . My MLG BUDDIE'S LUV IT . Then again when i Ruled BF2 Blk Xbox . I would switch from the team of twelve to the team of six ( How stupid was I ) . I would inform them to stay off my land mines and " Do you believe we can win i would ask ? Now u have to have a team . I have been explaining to you all for a while now , have 8 or 12 people ready . Or u will end up Being Stats !!! Hey can search mode be used to help u find more the game type u prefer ???
Old 04-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
turnsy1985
Content editor

Send a message via MSN to turnsy1985
[ Live Timeline ] => turnsy1985 is currently Offline Last seen 9 hours ago playing Xbox One

I have set a custom filter in the server browser, but that only filters on Game Mode, Spare Slots, Maps, difficulty, it doesn't alet you filter any customer server config, i.e. ticket settings
Old 04-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
MRXBOX n VAN BC

[ Live Timeline ] => MRXBOX n VAN BC is currently Offline Last seen 9 minutes ago playing World of Tanks In Battle

Well now u know what to ask for in the next patch , BETTER FILTERS . The Mlg'r like to send the noobs all to 1 side so they dont have team killing by accident . I would think this is kind of unfair but in hardcore mode team kill is on . My MLG buddie thinks me playing COD 3 is lame but in my def fence , I INVENTED HARDCORE FOR MYSELF IN CODE3 . NO BABY AIMER , NO STICKY AIMER ( FOR GERNADES ) and NO GAMERTAGES . Even when i shoot someone hidden , NO RED AIMER GETS BIGGER ON MY SCREEN ( Code 4 if you hit someone a crosshair pops up , not really Harcore ) . The only advantage I have over other players is I have the maps down . So like I have been saying for 4 years the better u get the more u have should have taken away ( Radar , ENDLESS BULLET GUNS , Giant Scopes , this would help not hurt the NOOBIES ) . Finaly a new game type is coming out . In a soon to be released game, if you are good you will end up with a Knife fighting people with Ak's . Well good for u , someone FINALLY LISTENED!