Deep Silver and Techland today released a new gameplay trailer, highlighting the glorious goriness of the remastered Dead Island Definitive Collection! Bathe in glorious blood drenched tropical sunshine zombie smashing action! Being eaten alive never looked so good!
With a substantial visual & performance overhaul, Dead Island Definitive Collection introduces many cutting edge current-generation graphical effects.
- Higher Quality Textures: Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system: The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting
- Physically based shading: The introduction of new physically based shading techniques means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing: The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience. Dead Island without unsightly “jaggies“ – delivering a much cleaner look throughout
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets: All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects: The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI: Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
- The Current-gen Console Experience: The Dead Island Definitive Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power-up: And last but not least, The fan favourite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever!
Dead Island Definitive Collection is a compilation containing Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and also includes for free Dead Island Retro Revenge!. It will be available at retail and digital for a suggested price of $39.99/€39.99/£29.99
Available at the same time, Dead Island Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition will each be available separately and as a digital download for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC at suggested a price of $19.99/€19.99/£14.99
All three titles, Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition, plus the compilation Dead Island Definitive Collection are scheduled for release May 31st 2016 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC.